1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty. (dictionary.com)
The core principles of integrity create a foundation for success in all of life's endeavors. Integrity in academic settings is a fundamental component of success and growth in the classroom. It prepares students for personal and professional challenges as well as providing a blueprint for future fulfillment and success.
The International Center for Academic Integrity is committed to fostering an environment of integrity in educational institutions. Its programs seek to maintain academic integrity as the core element of education. You can read our full mission statement here
1. The practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own. (dictionary.com)
The Elements of Plagiarism
Plagiarism occurs when someone:
1. uses words, ideas, or work products
2. attributable to another identifiable person or source
3. without attributing the work to the source from which it was obtained
4. in a situation in which there is a legitimate expectation of original authorship,
5. in order to obtain some benefit, credit, or gain which need not be monetary.