Assessment Guide Information
The Academic Integrity Assessment Guide was developed in 1999-2001 by the International Center for Academic Integrity with funding from the John Templeton Foundation. Twelve campuses across the country provided the Center with practical experience, evaluations, and critical feedback on the first edition of the Guide. Our deepest continued thanks to students, faculty, and administrators from Brigham Young University, the University of California - Davis, Duke University, Keene State University, the University of Maryland – College Park, Molloy College, the University of Montana - Missoula, Pueblo Community College, Quinnipiac University, Valparaiso University, Vanderbilt University, Washington University - St. Louis, and the John Templeton Foundation.
The Academic Integrity Assessment Guide is used throughout the U.S. and abroad by colleges, universities, and secondary schools to assess the climate of academic integrity on their campuses.
The Guide takes you through the processes of:
• Evaluating the effectiveness of your current academic integrity programs and policies
• Assessing student and faculty attitudes and behaviors in classrooms, labs, and exams
• Identifying potential concerns from sanctions to educational programs that can improve
• Developing action plans to improve understanding the importance of academic honesty
• Promoting open dialogue about academic integrity issues on your campus
Academic integrity is a fundamental value of teaching, learning, and scholarship, yet significant numbers of students still report cheating and plagiarizing. With the Guide, you will learn what you can do to improve the culture of integrity on your campus in a proactive, positive way.
When you order the guide, you will receive:
• Survey instruments for students and faculty, followed by a confidential, customized report of findings
• Guidelines for putting together an effective academic integrity assessment committee
• Step-by-step instructions for generating or revising policies, practices, educational programs and sanctions
• Suggested assessment and educational activities and questions for focus groups
• Examples of codes, and policies from campuses across the country
• Copies of relevant reading materials and bibliographies
Ordering the Assessment Guide
Ordering the Assessment Guide is temporarily unavailable while administration of the Guide's surveys undergoes a transition phase. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we plan to have the Guide back up for sale around December 2014.
The academic integrity surveys are a fundamental part of the Assessment Guide, and ICAI fully understands the value that the surveys provide to our members, which is precisely why we are taking the time to ensure that the online survey tool we are developing is secure, anonymous, and bug free before relaunching it.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. For any questions, please call us at (864) 656-1293.