Happy New Year!
The International Center for Academic Integrity (ICAI) extends a warm happy new year to all of our members and blog readers out there.
The ICAI cultivates integrity cultures in academic communities throughout the world by providing services, resources and consultations. If you have benefited from ICAI by reading this blog, attending a conference, participated in a webinar, or harvested ideas from the website or forum, but you are not yet a member, please consider joining at the Individual or Institutional level. Think of ICAI like public radio – yes, you can benefit from us in many ways without being a member, but without any members, we’d cease to exist. Your membership provides us with the resources we need to continue doing good work and making progress on academic integrity locally and globally.
What we’re currently working on:
- a revision of the McCabe/ICAI Survey – Don McCabe’s survey planted the seeds and provided the fertilizer to enable ICAI and the contemporary academic integrity movement to be born. We are currently testing an updated English version of the survey, which will be officially deployed in 2020.
- a 30th ICAI Anniversary Edition of the Academic Integrity Reader. The Reader, originally published for our 20th Anniversary, selects and reviews the most influential writings on academic integrity. The Reader provides the perfect resource for those interested in learning about or conducting research on academic integrity. This Reader will be published in 2022.
- a special issue in the Journal of College & Character on what we know and don’t yet know about academic integrity – to also be published in 2022 in celebration of ICAI’s 30th anniversary
- an expansion and support of the academic integrity movement in Latin America.
- the 2020 annual conference in Portland Oregon. The program is being finalized and it is looking as strong as always. Consider registering to attend if you haven’t already!
- Top Ten Ways to Improve Academic Integrity (Without Spending Too Much Money). This list of ideas will be published early in the year.
- a re-imagining of the International Day of Action, slotted to be our Fifth Annual in October.
- recruiting and selecting new Board Members.
- supporting and developing regional conferences throughout North America and around the world.
- and that’s just to name a few!
So, if possible, please consider supporting our work with an Individual or Institutional membership. For more information on membership, go to https://academicintegrity.org/product/icai-membership/
Thank you and Happy New Year!